Sunday, March 02, 2008

There's a gossip queen in our block.

Yes. As what the title says, there is a gossip queen in our block.

Being an irregular student, I barely see my blockmates now and I regret to say that from a talk to a close friend of mine, I learned that some of them have been talking about me, particularly my love life, behind mine and my bestfriend’s back.

All of the said rumors, as all of you might have already guessed, are from this said gossip queen whose mouth is abnormally large, whose ears are capable of hearing false things from a mile away and whose mind is incapable of thinking. What was more; this said girl has a very good gift of inventing things that no one ever dares to do so. From what I have observed, no one pays that much attention to her so she does these kinds of things for her to be somehow popular, which I regret to say, is beyond impossible.

I owe no one any explanations for the way I choose to live my life. I am still young and I could do whatever I want. A girl with a big mouth like her can’t stop me. About the lie that she has been spreading about me and Mikee, I don’t mind her. That’s obviously the only way she’s been getting attention for years and I bet you anything she’ll die just to find someone who thinks that she’s interesting.

Mikee and I became lovers almost a month after the break- up with his ex. So, how did I ever take him away from the girl? Well, if she still insists that I did steal Mikee from the girl, I guess that the only way to settle this is to have a nice little chat. I still take four subjects with our block. And though I’m always absent for, as everyone might agree, I am a delinquent, I would spare a little time for her if she wants to talk about this issue. But, I assure her that if she does approach me just to reprimand me about the said Mikee issue, that would be the worst decision that she ever took in her whole life. I would slap to her face the truth that I NEVER took Mikee away from his ex and that the fact that I became his girlfriend after the former girl is just a big coincidence. Who would believe her stories after that, huh? Although, come to think of it, in doing so, she would have what she most dreamed of – Attention.

Anywhere she’ll go, people would look at her and talk about her because there, right straight into her, are four big letters written in bold which reads: LIAR. Who would want to make friends with her after that, eh? So, a little piece of advice, shut up or I will force you to do so. You would do well to stop nosing around other people’s lives. If in case the reason behind this meddling attitude of yours is that you don’t have any problems of your own, well, what can I say? I would gladly give you some. Let’s see how well you could cope with it. Lastly, stop inventing stories. Everyone’s lives are interesting enough without you adding lies into it. I know some of your deepest secrets without you telling me. I guess I’m not that lazy about doing assignments, after all. I did a little research about you. And that’s how I got it. I got it from your former friends whom I befriended. How would you feel if at the peak of you, inventing stories, my mouth suddenly slipped and- boom! Your deepest, dirtiest secret is revealed. I wouldn’t feel guilty, though. At least what I said is true.

My point in writing this? To tell everyone to mind their own businesses.

This story might just be a product of my imagination or, it might be true. I won’t say which.

No comments: