Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sanrio Puroland!

Hurray for all pink, fluffy and cuddly stuff!

I'm normally a t-shirt-pants-sneakers type of girl but who would say no to a visit to the lovely world of the Sanrio characters?

Since I am in Japan and Disneyland is currently too mainstream to be visited and to write a blog about, I've decided to give Sanrio Puroland in Tama City, Tokyo a visit. :3

I don't know what to expect on our way there because I haven't been to any Disneyland at all, so I don't have any place to compare it to. When I entered the place, however, my jaw dropped (not literally, of course!). I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty and the other characters but I can't deny that the place is stunning.

We went on a weekday yet the place is still jam-packed. What can I say? Hello Kitty is very popular here in Japan. From fans, floaters and even drinks! Hello Kitty's face can be seen beaming at you from every direction.




Entrance to Sanrio Puroland!



Once you've entered the main entrance, this is what will welcome you!

First attraction and the only ride.




After the boat ride, we decided to explore the place and found an entertainment theater. When we entered, I almost laughed. There was a Hello Kitty DJ. :D She was dancing along with three other women and they were teaching kids a dance step. She looks sexier than the women. :D

See what I mean? She was even wearing knee-high boots! Talk about being a fashionista.

Right after that, the parade started. We managed to get a pretty decent spot. We weren't at the center but at least we didn't have to stand on tiptoes just to watch. 

I enjoyed the parade more than I enjoyed anything else. The songs were too catchy (though I don't understand Nihongo that much), and the people in costumes were too fanciful to not look at.

I was too busy clicking on my camera the whole time that I didn't even have time to mind my family. :))) I was too caught up with their song and dance numbers. Mind you, all of the Sanrio characters came out and they were dancing, as well.

I was never a fan of mascots, heck I was even afraid of them when I was young! But within Sanrio Puroland, I can't help but smile while watching them sing and dance. They're too kawaii! I don't think I've ever appreciated mascots this much.

No, this is not Kitty. This is Daniel.
NOW THIS IS HELLO KITTY. :3

After the parade, we walked around to look for the souvenir shop. We end up, however, in front of Hello Kitty's house! Too bad we didn't enter. I heard that Kitty's house is worth seeing. And that you can only get a picture with Kitty if you entered. Why? Because that's her house and she doesn't go out unless it's time for the parade. :(

We were all starving then because we were running on onigiri and sandwiches from 711. We did, however, bought some stuff from the souvenir shop for Keiko. :3 The stuff were amazing! Of course they are pricey, too. :P


A very long line for the people who want to see the inside of Kitty's house.
And since we didn't enter the house, we settled for Kitty's car which is parked just outside her house.

Right after that, we went to the fourth floor of the Sanrio Puroland where the restaurant and cafeteria are. When you enter it, the first thing that you'll see is this:




Talk about Kitty addiction, huh? :P

Anyway, we settled for the eat-all-you-can restaurant. We made a great choice, I think. The food was not that spectacular but the environment was, at least, beyond words.

Our timing was also perfect. We entered while another Hello Kitty was performing. Mind you, she was singing an English song- I love you baby by Frankie Valli. Her voice was so tiny that it'll make you laugh instead of getting you annoyed. :D We were lucky that we got there in time, though. She left right after that song. :(





I can't believe how many Hello Kitty stuff there are in that place. The table napkins, the paper cups, heck, even the high chairs for kids are printed with Hello Kitty's face. It was pure Hello Kitty heaven.

After we eat, we strolled some more and browsed through the main souvenir shop. I can't help but notice that Hello Kitty stuff are always beside My Melody stuff. I don't know why, either. Probably because they're both pink? :D We even got the chance to bump into My Melody. Keiko wasn't too fond of her, I think. She was just staring at her, her emotion unreadable.


There was a long line of kids and kids at heart for My Melody, too.
 They were ready with
 their cameras and pens and papers! Kid on top is not Keiko.
Cute stuff from the last souvenir shop!


I had so much fun that I wouldn't say no to another visit to that place. :3 I want nothing more than to splurge! Everything is too cute for me. It felt as if I was betraying my all time sweetheart, Snoopy, while I was there yet I cannot stop myself. Ken wasn't that amused, though. I was asking, no, begging him to buy the Hello Kitty boxers but he put his foot down firmly. LOL. Why am I not surprised.


All in all, it was such a great experience for me. Not only did I find myself inside this cute place, I was also toured around Tokyo. I finally got away from mountains of Chiba, even just for a day. I can't wait to go back in Sanrio Puroland with my mom so that I can freely explore the place without minding a grumpy Ken! :)))


Sanrio Puroland's website:


















No comments: