Monday, November 15, 2010

I wouldn't lose you, would I?

SSL ERROR. 

What happened to the SSL certificates of most Google sites? :| Since it's my rest day, I decided to log into this blogger account of mine just to edit the layout since I noticed that the sixth link which is my Friendster account is actually not click-able. However, it took me more than five tries before I got the trick as to how I can successfully log in.

The error message? Yes. SSL Certificate Error.

I did the basic troubleshooting, of course. I actually thought that it's my computer, if not my browser's, fault as to why this is happening. However, I've checked the SSL settings of my browser, I've tried two other browsers and it's still presenting me with the same error message. So what I did was I tried to search for it online (I know, why haven't I thought about it in the first place, huh?) and I found out that a lot of people have been getting the same error message lately. :( Boo for that.

So as of this moment, the only way as to how I can successfully log in to this site is to interrupt the loading of the page itself. Yes, once you can see the Google log in box, click on the 'Stop Loading this page' button if you're using Firefox or Google Chrome. From there, you have to type in your user name and password and you can press enter. It'll give you the SSL warning again. I just clicked on allow SSL Certificate, no big deal for me. Then I was able to see my dashboard. Not so neat, actually. But it's better than to stare at your Blogger page without actually being able to edit or add anything.

I think I'd be sick.

Technical stuff. I know I work as a Technical Support Representative but seriously,  I have no plans whatsoever of being a part of the Geek Squad. It just really bothered me when that error message appeared.

My Blogger site, I wouldn't lose you, would I? You know that you have all of my entries. :(

Don't let me down.

No comments: