Sunday, December 07, 2008

sitcom, baby :]

The first script that I ever made. For a sitcom in my English class on my senior year. I made this for just about three hours or something. It was noted by the the teacher. "Nice script", she said. It's not that funny for me, but I am proud of it, anyway.:]


United Colors Of The Family




IV-St. Hedwig

Group #3

Bernice Lorika Lumakang

Jessica Diane Crisostomo

Nyssa Grace Sosito

Charline Amyll Macaraig

Johanna Dela Cruz

Glenice Marie Rodriguez

Sarah Fran

Charmaine Cruz

Katrina Vistan

Nikki Tombado

Joanna Cruz

Geraldine Credo

January 23, 2007









Characters:

MADONNA (Bernice) – a mother of 11 children from different fathers

-A loving and caring mother; known in fashion



MARIA (Amyll) – Simple; Acts like a “Dalagang Pilipina”



MARIE (Johanna) – twin sister of Mary



-always updated in terms of fashion; “kikay”



MARY (Glenice) – twin sister of Marie

-alter ego of Marie; Punk



RUBY (Sarah) –studying is her top priority



RAMEE (Jessica) – always contradicting her mother

-has a weird perspective in life; mysterious type of girl



RUTH (Charmaine) – Perfectionist; She thinks that she is perfect



REENA (Kat) – Animal Lover

-She thinks that she can’t trust anyone except her pets



XYNA (Nyssa) – Childish and often plays tricks with her sisters



XOONA (Nikki) – Talkative; Joker of the family



XYRA (jc) –Loves to sing

-She doesn’t care about her family



XENA (Geraldine) – youngest in the family; happy go lucky



RAOL (Geraldine) – new boyfriend of Madonna; Handsome and Intelligent

















ACT I – SAD MOMENT



Scene 1 - Madonna’s room, 8:30 am, INT.

(Madonna is mourning over the consecutive deaths of his three husbands)

Madonna – (crying hysterically, looking at the pictures of his three husbands) my beloved husbands: Jose, Smithy and Sawada, why did you all leave me? Now I’m all alone. How could I raise our children?

Madonna – (Laughing slightly) Okay, enough of this mourning stuffs. I think my children are awake.



Scene 2 – Living Room, 9:00 am, INT.

(Madonna’s children are in a hurry to go to their schools)

Madonna-Good morning my beautiful ladies! How was your sleep? Are you ready to go to school?

Maria- (Answering politely) Good morning, too, ma.

Marie and Mary- morning, ma.

Ruby – (Reading a book, not looking up to her mom) Good morning mom.

Madonna- (kissing Ramee in the cheeks) Morning Ramee, dear.

Ramee- (disgusted by the kiss) yeah. Whatever.

Reena – (feeding her pet) don’t mind her mom.

Madonna- Good morning my Japanese cuties!

Xyna and Xerra- Morning.

Madonna- (holdin out her arms for a hug) How’s your sleep Xyra?

Xyra- (walks past her mom without looking)

Xoona – (smiling widely) good morning mom!

Voice Over: (All of Madonna’s children went off to school and she was left alone. She then thought of an idea)



Scene 3 – Living Room, 7:00 pm, INT.

(Madonna gathered her children to announce something)

Madonna- (picturing the idea on her mind) I have decided that we would transfer in one house. Isn’t that great? You, children would learn to interact with each other. We could be a big, happy family!

Children – (shouting different types of protest)

Madonna – (smiling pleasantly to her children, then shouts) GO TO YOUR ROOMS AND PACK NOW!

Voice Over: (The next morning, they moved in to their new house)



ACT II – SIBLING CONFLICT



Scene 1 – Second Floor of the new house, 9:00 am, INT.

Ruby – (looking around) wow! This room is really great for studying! I better stay here.

Xoona – (enters the room and sits on one of the two beds) Yeah. You’re right. Can I share rooms with you? I’ve got loads of stuffs to tell you. Did you know that by reading books, you could gain more knowledge? It’s really helpful. And did you know that…

Ruby – (slightly irritated) would you mind not to tell me these things? I’m busy here. Go disturb someone else.

Xoona – (looking down) okay. I’m sorry. I didn’t think that you’ll find it disturbing. Oh! Speaking of disturbance, do all people get irritated easily? I mean, I’m not easily irritated but you are. I’m just wondering if..

Ruby – (went out of the room madly)

Xoona – well, I was just curious.

(In another room)

Ramee – Get out of the bed, I’m staying there.

Mary – (lying more comfortably) whatever. I got here first.

Ramee – (throws the things of Mary on the floor, stops, and then pulls Mary out of the bed) stay on the other side.

Marie – (entering the room; Disgusted) Yuck! What kind of room is this? It’s so dull. You better fix it. And besides, are you two really girls? Come let me fix you. (Applies make-up in Ramee’s face). There. That’s better.

Mary – (Laughing, but trying to keep a straight face) Yeah. A lot better. You look like a clown.

Ramee – (removing the make-up with her hands) you two are crazy!

(In another room)

Xena- (listening to an mp3 player) would you please stay on your bed? You move around too much.

Reena- (Staring blindly at the walls) I lost my spider. I can’t live without my spider. He’s the only bestfriend I ever had! (Cries hysterically)

Xena- (sitting up) you’re weird! How could I sleep if I know that a spider is lurking in our room? Look for it or else... (A spider fell on her head)(Shouts Loudly)

Xyna – (enters the room while laughing madly) Haha! I got you both! Haha. I’ve been outside for a long time. You shout too loud, Xena. Haha.

Reena- (caressing the spider in her hands then kissing it) oh spider I thought I lost you.

(In another room)

Maria- (looking disgusted at the clothes of Ruth) don’t you think that you’re showing off too much flesh in those clothes? I think a shirt would make it perfect.

Ruth- (looks hurt by what Maria said) Excuse me? How dare you talk about perfection in front of me? I’m perfect. Maybe you’re just jealous. I’m the one who decides if my clothes are perfect or not!

Maria- (getting angry but controlling her anger) I was just asking. I just don’t think that it’s right for girls to show off their body parts too much. Right Xyra?

Xyra- (looking at them with a blank expression on her face) Honestly, I don’t care. Please don’t disturb me.

Voice Over: (Everyday, you could hear thundering voices in their house. Things are flying everywhere and you could rarely see the members of that family get along well.)



Scene 2 – In a restaurant, 7:00p.m, OUT.

(Madonna took her children to a restaurant to announce something)

Madonna- (smiling) well, I think that it’s time to let you all know him. He…

Mary – who’s he?

Madonna – (continues her speech) He used to be my classmate and now we decided to…

Ramee – (looking at the floor) I never even knew that you studied. I thought you said you hate school.

Madonna-(trying to keep the smile on her face) now we decided to tell you that…

Xyna – Mom, would you get straight to the point?

Madonna – (shouts) WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME FINISH?! (Returns her sweet smile) anyway, we decided to tell you that we are officially dating.

Children- (has different expressions on their faces) you’ve got to be kidding!

Voice Over: (Each race of children decided to play a prank on Raoul, their mom’s boyfriend)



Scene 3- Garden of the house, 11:00 am, OUT.

Voice Over: (The Japanese girls decided to tell things that could stop Raoul from dating their mom)

Xyna- (smirking) hi Raoul. Could we talk to you for a minute?

Raoul – (puzzled) sure. What’s the matter?

Xoona- (speaking slowly) well, we just thought that you might know things about a woman that you are dating, right?

Raoul- (smiles) of course.

Xyra – (looking innocent) Well, mom has a really bad breath in the morning. It really is disappointing, right? We won’t stop you if you want to go now, promise.

Raoul – (laughs) really? So we really are meant to be. I also have a stinking breath in the morning. I was worried that she might leave me if she finds out.

Xoona – (whispering to her sisters) yuck.

Voice Over: (The Filipino girls decided to invent stories to break them apart)

Maria – Hi Raoul. We were wondering if we could talk to you.

Raoul- (smiles) sure. What’s the matter?

Marie – Well, we would want to report to you something.

Raoul – (examined their faces) really? What is it?

Mary – Well, we saw that a guy was giving chocolates to mom. It looks like he wants to court her. If you want to stop your relationship with mom, it would be totally understandable.

Raoul – (thinking, then smiles) Ah. So you’ve seen my best friend huh? Well, I asked him to give it to your mom. Did your mom like the chocolates?

Voice Over: (The American girls decided to play a prank on Raoul so that he would give up)

Ruth – Raoul, we were just wondering if you’re aware that a spider is on your hair.

Raoul – (looks shocked) really? Where?

Reena – (smiles) Just above your forehead.

Raoul – (looks nervous) could you please help me to remove it?

Ruby – Okay. But I’m warning you. It’s poisonous.

Raoul- (holding the spider, smiles) it’s so beautiful. I’ve waited for ages to hold a poisonous spider. Are you keeping it as a pet?

Ramee – (looking at the floor) Are you sure that you’re a human? You’re really weird.

Voice Over: (after 3 unsuccessful tries, they finally decide to work as a group)



Scene 4- Inside their house, 9:00pm, INT.

Maria – We should think of something that would make him leave our mom alone. Since I am the eldest, Even though I know how much you hate to obey me, I think it’s the only way.

Ruth – (resigned) Yeah. I guess so.

Xyra – So, what are we suppose to do?

Maria- Let’s tell him how much we hate him.

Children – (laughs) Yeah. That’s a good idea!



Scene5 – In their Living Room, 10:00 pm, INT.

Ramee – Hey, we want to tell you something.

Raoul- (looks excited) Really? What is it?

Maria – (looks at her siblings) Are you sure you want to go with my plan? If you don’t want to obey me as your eldest sister, I won’t get mad.

Xoona – No. We want to go with your plan. We’ll follow whatever you say, big sister.

Ruby – (facing Raoul) so, we’ll go straight to the point.

Reena – Yes. Well, as you know, when we first met you, I didn’t know that though you look…

Mary – Ruby said straight to the point.

Reena- (blushing) oh. Yeah. Sorry.

Xyna – well. We don’t like you as our mom’s boyfriend. So you better stay away. I don’t think you could live in a house with 11 children who hates you right?

Raoul – (cries out loud) Yeah. I guess so. I.. I guess I’ve got to break up with your mom.

Voice Over – (The following morning, their Madonna told her children that Raoul Broke up with her)



ACT III –Reconciliation



Scene 1 – Madonna’s Room, 8:00 am, INT.

(Madonna is crying over the picture Raoul)

Madonna- (crying hysterically) Raoul, why did you leave me? Now I’m all alone!

Madonna – (trying to stop crying) Okay, enough of this reminiscing stuffs. I think my children are awake.

Xoona – Mom, I brought you your breakfast.

Madonna- (weakly) Thanks, Xoona, but no ,thanks. I have no appetite.

Ruby – (enters the room) Mom, you haven’t eaten for days.

Madonna – Actually, I ate last night when all of you were sleeping.

Ramee – (shakes her head) I knew she couldn’t do it.

Maria – Anyway, Mom, just try to eat some.



Scene 2 – Maria, Ruth and Xyra’s Room, 9:00am, INT.

Maria – (seriously) Well, I think we made a wrong decision.

Marie – Yeah. I guess so, too.

Xena – What should we do now?

Ruth – We should bring Raoul back.

Reena – (puzzled) Really? Do we have to? Maybe I should ask my spider first.

Xyna – Yeah. We should bring Raoul Back.

Ramee – Yeah. Mom can’t live without him.

Ruby – And we all know that mom’s love for us will never change.

Voice Over –(So, they called Raoul back to their house)



Scene 3 – Garage, 11:00 am, OUT

(Raoul just entered the gate)

Madonna- (Running towards the gate) Raoul?

Raoul- (running towards Madonna) Madonna?

Madonna – (hugs Raoul while crying) I tried my best not to eat when you left.

Raoul – It’s okay. At least you’ve tried.

Voice Over (They hugged each other and finally, they became one, big, happy, family. They realized the importance of each other.)

No comments: