Friday, December 05, 2008

yes. this is serious.

I have reason to believe that my friends have gotten used to this usual blogging of mine. Most of my posts, of course, are almost always against someone who has done something terribly bad to me or to my friends. They may find this a bit unusual, though. This would be the first time that I would go against someone who is a damn whole lot older than me. Yes, he is a middle- aged man of about 43, I think.
Of all my previous blog posts, I must say, this is the most serious yet. And, this is just a proof that I’ll go against all odds just so I could protect the people whom I love so much. Quite a lot of people might have seen me in a situation wherein people of my age might not be able to handle. I’ve been against quite a couple of teachers who had been unjust to me, I have insisted my rights as a customer for countless times and I had once gone against a man’s mistress. Brave much? Definitely. I won’t be scared of being able to tell what I think is right. After all, this is a free country.
Well, I have this close friend of mine whose parents were separated for quite a long time already. Her dad left for another girl and her mom, well, she found someone new, too. So the drama, right? Well, about four years ago, her mom’s boyfriend went to live with them. I must say, it must have been real hard for her to be living with a guy who is not related to her. Well, they get along just fine for the first few years. The only problem was: the guy is such a control freak. I mean, come on. She’s not your daughter. He always complains about their house. Do this, do that; be like this, be like that. I think that it would have been okay for my friend if the guy raised her since childhood. Well, definitely he didn’t. The girl had grown up pampered with love and comfort. She even grew up with a nanny so definitely, making her the perfect cleaning machine in four years is way too near impossible.
The guy somehow tried to fit in by buying the groceries and stuffs like that. He buys her stuffs that he thinks would please her. In one point in time, he earned my friend’s respect. He is kind enough to stay with her mom in times of hardships. And though they are open for criticisms since they are in a way, adulterous, they still attend masses together with the hopes of somehow, someday; they might be able to annul her parent’s marriage.
Well, all the respect had gone down the drain. My friend’s mom talked to her and told her that the guy was somehow turning cold to her. My friend noticed it, too. She said that when they were together in malls, the guy is just very silent. Well, not long ago, he and my friend’s mom gave spaces for each other. The guy, I believe, was the one who asked for it. He said that, he was just so stressed out with his work and, he was getting tired of doing almost everything in my friend’s house. Nagger much, right? I mean, if I were my friend, I would have been really mad to the guy. Why? Because he’s acting like a martyr trying to do everything without being told to do so and he’ll end up blaming my friend and her mom for being so fed up in doing those things, right? Well, he even said that he wanted to be successful in life, he wanted to find his real purpose in life, and all the other lies that he said. Excuse me, mister, but it isn’t my friend’s fault that you ended up like that. How you lived your life when you were still young, we don’t know. For me, if you wanted a house so badly, what happened to your income when you were still in your 20’s or early thirties? You had your relationship with my friend’s mom for seven (7) years. You must have been about 36 that time. You could have saved a lot from the time that you first had a job.
My friend’s mom had eaten a lot more than she could chew. My friend told me that she had been crying her eyes out for countless times and she even was begging the guy to come back. My friend talked to her mom and told her how useless that guy was, anyway. A guy asking for spaces is so not in anymore. It is so last century and I think that only guys who wants to have a reason for something uses that.
No matter how many times my friend told her mom that she must not take back the man, her mom still did, eventually. I guess that’s just how love is. No matter how bad your partner is, you’ll never be able to see it unless he does something really bad against you. Well, the guy lived in their house again for a week and, definitely, my friend doesn’t feel at ease. She just feels different toward the guy now. She said it feels as if she’s in a reality show wherein she’s forced to live in the same house with strangers. One night, she said, the guy came to her and kissed her forehead as if saying “I missed you”. It must have been a perfect apology if only my friend never knew what he really did.
Days ago, my friend’s mom broke down and became somehow, in a confused way, not herself. They rushed her to the hospital and she was given a relaxant. At first, my friend thought that it was just due to the pressures implied to her from work and that probably, it was a depression brought about by the previous events. The next day, my friend told me that her mom was going to the guy’s province because she was scared that she might get another depression attack and that she might hurt my friend. She also said that she might be better if she were to stay there. That night, my friend’s mom went home. She said that the useless guy got mad knowing that she was there and asked her to go back. Just like that. Well, I’ve met the guy and honestly, I am sorry for him. At first, I thought that he was really clever seeing that he graduated from a well- known school, but I guess schools really are never the basis for one’s outcome when he grows up. If given the chance to choose, I would rather stay in my school and be a good person than to be in a very popular school and end up being a VERY inconsiderate person.
The next day, my friend’s mom told us the real story behind all of this fuss. She said that the peak of argument between her and the guy was because the guy received a demand letter for my mom’s friend and definitely, she got mad. The demand letter was because of my friend’s dad. Anyway, she said that he could have told a white lie about her not living there or something like that. The guy got mad and said that why would he lie. He also said that it got him thinking if my friend’s mom is the right woman to be the mother of his children. But, a day after my friend’s mom accepted the guy back, she saw in the guy’s email that he has a girlfriend about 2 months ago. So much for the I-don’t-want-to-tell-a-lie thing, right? I mean, what are you thinking? You are nothing but a cheater after all.
He said that he thought that they were already over when my friend’s mom told him that she would stop bugging him. Well, my friend’s mom meant this, actually: I would stop bugging you WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO FIND YOURSELF AS HOW YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEED THIS SPACE FOR. Well, obviously, all those reasons about finding his real self were just all downright LIES. How can a man find himself while having the most pleasurable feeling in a motel? Gross. If finding his real purpose in life is what he really wants, then, how could he be into another adulterous situation, right?
Well, you be the judge. If that’s how he wants to live his life, then off he goes. I just want to make sure that my friend’s mom wouldn’t be involved into anything else with him. The least that they need in their lives is someone who cheats. Seeing that he is like that, I guess they are much better off without him.
My friend’s mom is very okay now. She finally learned her lesson- in the hard way, though.

--No names were mentioned in this blog entry. Just a mere product of my imagination. Any events similar to this are just plain old coincidental.