Sunday, December 07, 2008

thanks, s0rry, bye:]

bef0re the school year ended when I was on my senior year, each 0ne of us gave our adviser a letter. here's mine.:]


March 27, 2007 0721pm.

.sir ocampo.

.the school year is ending and we think that it should not end without you knowing how we felt during the times that you were with us.

.honestly, when you first entered our classroom, I wasn’t quite sure if I should be happy or not. In the 11 years that I stayed in St. Paul’s, I never had a male adviser except last school year, when our adviser filed a 2-month leave and our class was taken care of by Mr. Baggay. Being your student last year, I found you a little unapproachable. Maybe because you are always serious about things.

.I used to really hate you whenever you shout at us. It’s just that I really hate being shouted at and your deep voice adds up to my annoyance. You keep on telling us that we are no longer kids. Whenever you shout at us, I keep on asking myself why you have to shout. As what you said, we are no longer kids. Though we might do stupid things, if you talk to us, we’ll surely find a way to stop what we’re doing that’s wrong.

.As days passed by, I came to realize how good you are as an adviser. While my head insists on hating you, a part of me sees how much you care for us. I used to think that teachers won’t keep whatever they say. They say that they’ll help you but they’ll eventually put you down. I don’t know what, but something within you made me realize the role of teachers as second parents to their students. I came to realize that no matter how strict you are to us, no matter how mad you are, you’ll still be there for us.

.I might have given you a hard time but I want you to know that no matter how stupid I might have been, I would carry the values that you taught us with me, even if I’m already old. I want you to be proud of me. I know that we’ll meet again someday, in a totally different world and purely by chance. When that time comes, even if we’re not ready to meet each other again, I want you to spare a moment to look at me and tell me that I’ve grown to a person that you want me to be.

.Years from now, my memory would be occupied by the things that happened to me after my life in St.Paul. I don’t know how long I could remember the things that we shared together so I am writing this to preserve those memories in a paper. This paper might end up in a trash bin or might be lost forever however, before that happens, I want you to know that you should be proud of yourself because once in your life, you helped a group of students to realize the importance of having a good attitude. You made us realize that no matter how successful we would be, we would never be that great if our attitude fails us.

.I want to thank you for the things that you shared with us. Thank you for spending about 9 months of your life with us. I know that you can’t please all the people around you yet I know that no matter how some of my classmates (even me) deny the fact that we had a really great time with you, there would always be a space in their hearts where they treasure every single moment that we’ve spent together.

.Thank you for making my senior life a memorable one.

.stay safe.

.4-St. Hedwig0607 loves you and we’ll surely miss you.



*JeSsiCa DiAne CriSoStOmo…